Jump to How You Can Help
Gifts of Real Estate
How It Works
- You deed your home, vacation home, undeveloped property, or commercial building to The White House Historical Association.
- You may continue to use the property rent-free, and then ownership passes to us when you no longer need it.
- WHHA may use the property or sell it and use the proceeds.
- You receive an income tax deduction for the fair market value of the real estate.
- You pay no capital gains tax on the transfer.
- You can direct the proceeds from your gift to a specific program at WHHA.
- More details about gifts of real estate.
- Frequently asked questions on gifts of real estate.
- Contact us so we can assist you through every step.
Planning your estate and legacy for future generations, including your charitable interests, takes careful evaluation. Consulting with the appropriate professionals can assist you.
Chandler Battaile, Associate Vice President, Development