Jump to How You Can Help
Pooled Income Fund
How It Works
- You transfer cash or securities to the Pooled Income Fund. Our suggested initial minimum gift requirement is $10,000.
- The fund issues you units, like a mutual fund, and pays you (or up to two income beneficiaries you name) the annual income attributable to your units for life.
- The principal attributed to your units passes to The White House Historical Association at the passing of the last income beneficiary.
- Receive income for life in return for your gift.
- Receive an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your gift to the fund.
- Pay no capital gains tax on any appreciated assets you donate.
- Income can exceed dividends you were receiving on the securities you donated.
Planning your estate and legacy for future generations, including your charitable interests, takes careful evaluation. Consulting with the appropriate professionals can assist you.
Chandler Battaile, Associate Vice President, Development