Jump to How You Can Help
Charitable Lead Trust
How It Works
- You contribute securities or other appreciated assets to a Charitable Lead Trust. Our suggested minimum gift is $1,000,000.
- The trust makes annual payments to The White House Historical Association for a period of time.
- When the trust terminates, the remaining principal is paid to you or heirs.
- Income payments to us for a term reduce the ultimate tax cost of transferring an asset to your heirs.
- The amount and term of the payments to WHHA can be set so as to reduce or even eliminate transfer taxes due when the principal reverts to your heirs.
- All appreciation that takes place in the trust may go tax-free to the individuals named in your trust.
- More details about Charitable Lead Trusts.
- Frequently asked questions about Charitable Lead Trusts.
- Contact us so we can assist you through every step.
Planning your estate and legacy for future generations, including your charitable interests, takes careful evaluation. Consulting with the appropriate professionals can assist you.
Chandler Battaile, Associate Vice President, Development