Jump to How You Can Help
Gifts of Personal Property
How It Works
- You transfer a valuable painting, antique, or other personal property to The White House Historical Association.
- WHHA may hold and display the property or use it in the furtherance of its mission.
- WHHA may sell the property at some point in the future and use the proceeds for its mission.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for the appraised value of your gift and pay no capital gains tax, so long as the gift can be used by WHHA to carry out its mission.
- In certain cases, you can use personal property to fund a life-income gift that provides you and/or other loved ones with an income now and benefits WHHA in the future.
- Without using cash, you can make a gift that is immediately beneficial to The White House Historical Association.
- More details on gifts of personal property.
- Frequently asked questions on gifts of personal property.
- Contact us so we can assist you through every step.
Planning your estate and legacy for future generations, including your charitable interests, takes careful evaluation. Consulting with the appropriate professionals can assist you.
Chandler Battaile, Associate Vice President, Development