Jump to How You Can Help
Deferred Gift Annuity
How It Works
- You transfer cash or securities to The White House Historical Association. Our suggested minimum gift requirement is $10,000.
- Beginning on a specified date in the future, WHHA begins to pay you, or up to two annuitants you name, fixed annuity payments for life.
- Beneficiaries are recommended to be 65 or older to begin receiving payments and must be at least 40 to fund the gift.
- The remaining balance passes to WHHA when the contract ends.
- Deferral of payments permits a higher annuity rate and generates a larger charitable deduction.
- You can schedule your annuity payments to begin when you need extra cash flow, such as retirement years.
- Payments are guaranteed and fixed, regardless of fluctuations in the market.
- The longer you elect to defer payments, the higher your payment will be.
- More details on Deferred Gift Annuities.
- Frequently asked questions on Deferred Gift Annuities.
- Contact us so we can assist you through every step.
Planning your estate and legacy for future generations, including your charitable interests, takes careful evaluation. Consulting with the appropriate professionals can assist you.
Chandler Battaile, Associate Vice President, Development