Jump to How You Can Help
Charitable Bargain Sale
How It Works
- You sell your residence or other property to The White House Historical Association for a price below the appraised market value—a transaction that is part charitable gift and part sale.
- WHHA may use the property, but usually elects to sell it and use the proceeds of the sale for the gift purposes you specified.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for the discount you took from the appraised market value of your property.
- You pay no capital gains tax on the donated portion of the property.
- You can receive payment from us in a lump sum, or in fixed installments.
- More details on Charitable Bargain Sales.
- Frequently asked questions about Charitable Bargain Sales.
- Contact us so we can assist you through every step.
Planning your estate and legacy for future generations, including your charitable interests, takes careful evaluation. Consulting with the appropriate professionals can assist you.
Chandler Battaile, Associate Vice President, Development