Jump to How You Can Help
Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust
How It Works
- You transfer cash, securities, or other appreciated property into a trust. The required minimum for this type of gift is $100,000.
- The trust makes fixed annual payments to you or to beneficiaries you name.
- When the trust terminates, the remainder passes to The White House Historical Association to be used as you have directed.
- Receive income for life or a term of years in return for your gift.
- Receive an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your contribution.
- Pay no up front capital gains tax on appreciated assets you donate.
- Use the trust to meet needs that are tied to a specific time frame, such as college tuition payments.
- More detail about Charitable Remainder Annuity Trusts.
- Frequently asked questions on Charitable Remainder Annuity Trusts.
- Related Gift: Charitable Remainder Unitrust.
- Contact us so we can assist you through every step.
Planning your estate and legacy for future generations, including your charitable interests, takes careful evaluation. Consulting with the appropriate professionals can assist you.
Chandler Battaile, Associate Vice President, Development